It is March 3rd. We came back from our honeymoon on January 11th. So this post is late. But, here we go, here are the highlights. At some point I'll figure out how to post a link so a slideshow.
Activities included (from what I remember):
- Body Surfing
- Laying by the infinity pool
- playing cards
- Doing half of the Road to Hana, including a stop at the Twin Falls and an afternoon in Kaanapali (the other side of the island)
- Watching bowl games
- Watching NBA games
- Watching NFL playoff games
(Yes we watched a lot of sports, an ideal vacay!)
- Lots of eating (breakfast was included with our hotel, which is key to any trip to Hawaii)
- Lots of drinks with umbrellas :-)
- Lots of trips to Cheeseburger, our local cheap hangout where we got to know the staff and had some of the best beef we had ever had.
- Watching Season 2 of the Tudors on the laptop
- Having little to no connection with the outside world
- Had a spa day where we had a couples massage, bath, and facial
- went to the gym, where they had apples you could eat on your walk back to your room
- Sat by the ocean and watched the waves and the whales
- Watched sunsets
- Sat in a hammock watching the waves and listening to Pandora
- got really good tans
- bought our share of souvenirs at the ABC Store!
- had a fabulous last night at the Grand Wailea where Curtis had the best lobster ever and the whales were particularly active
- watched Top Chef on the plane coming back, one of our favorite shows
Anyway, we had an amazing time, and are looking forward to our next trip to Hawaii - possibly this next Christmas break. Let us know if you want to come too!